Sunday, March 22, 2009

Balancing Act


People often tell me I'm a Superwoman.

I need to dispell this myth.

I am simply OCD task-oriented. My grannie was always working on some project; my daddy is always working on some project--it runs in my blood to find joy in having something to do.

With this baby coming, I've had to sit down and lie down a whole lot more. And that's been REALLY hard for me to do. I am used to pressing through the tiredness or the pain, and it honestly makes me feel weak to sit down for too long. Ok, there's the dirty laundry--I judge myself.

What makes you feel weak? What makes you feel strong?

I feel weak when in a moment of passion, I eat three slices of key lime pie in one sitting. I feel strong when I courageously drive past the whipped chocolate donuts screaming my name from the Shipley's donut store.

The things that make us feel weak or strong are going to be a little different for each of us, but that's what makes the world such a beautiful and diverse place. Whatever your strengths and weaknesses, I really believe it's all about balance.

Forgive yourself for the times you are weak and be thankful for the times you are strong. Learn from those things that make you feel weak and then concentrate on the things that make you feel strong.

When I realized how much God adores me in spite of my weaknesses AND my strengths, I felt such release and freedom. I don't have to be Superwoman for Him to love me, lead me and bless me.

But, if He could just help me get my schoolroom organized. . . !!

No comments: