Friday, February 6, 2009

A Sweet Tribute to a Sweet Friend

Aren't you so glad for good friends?

I sure am. And there is one I want to pay special tribute to this weekend right here on this blog, so if you'll graciously allow me. . . ahem. . . I would like to honor my dear friend, Denise.

There are several reasons that I am so thankful Denise is in my life:
* Her gentle spirit soothes my often-anxious one
* Her way of always looking positively at things inspires me
* Her eternal patience with everyone
* The goofy giggles we share over the silliest of things
* We write very well together (Homeschool Group Leader blog)
* She is always open to others' ideas without having to push her own
* We both dream really big
* Her simple, delicious lunches
* She listens to all my health talk with interest and support
* We've prayed very deep things together
* She's a grammar nerd like me, and appreciates a well-formed and properly-punctuated sentence!
* She never gives up on me
* She is fast to forgive
* She is fast to seek forgiveness
* She loves the Lord with all her heart, soul, mind and strength. . . what more is there?

There is much, much more, actually, but you get the picture.

I encourage you to stop right now and think of a good friend in your life who is to you like Denise is to me and thank the Lord for that friend. Pray this weekend for that friend and find one way to bless them in a quiet, special way.

Denise has blessed me already this weekend by figuring out how to put the FeedBurner box on my blog!! I have been trying forever to figure that out to no avail. What a load lifted off my mind. Now, thanks to her generous gesture of time and effort you, too, can sign up to have the latest Health at Home post delivered directly to your inbox. So, when I write on the blog, it'll come right to you without you having to remember to come here. How easy is that?!

If you want to sign up, just enter your email address in the box beneath "Catch the Latest Post" and it will direct you with what to do after that. You will need to check your email for a verification message, so FeedBurner knows you really want to get my posts.

Thank you so much to all of you who faithfully read Health at Home and encourage me more than you could ever know!

HEART you!
Kristen

No comments: