Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Health Pantry: Neti Pot

The neti pot is my new best friend and has been a lifesaver for me this allergy season!

I've heard about the benefits of using neti pots for years, but honestly, I resisted ever buying one because I just saw them as. . . well, gross.
Ok, there it is. I admit it.

But I broke down finally and went for it, purchasing my first neti pot for under $20. Now. . . I wouldn't sell it for the world.

After recently being able to easily fight off a serious sinus infection with only a minimal sacrifice of time and sea salt, I am a now big believer in the benefits of regularly using a neti pot to cleanse your sinus passageways. In India and parts of Southeast Asia, it is as common to flush your sinuses as it is to brush your teeth.

The instructions are simple and you can use the neti over and over again (Wash between uses, of course, to keep from spreading any germs). And, if you have sons, they'll be fascinated to watch you use it. :-)

Between my two big guns--alfalfa and the neti pot--I am definitely breathing easy this allergy season!

No comments: