Friday, May 16, 2008

Spicy Lemonade

This is my favorite drink for clearing the mucus out of your head and chest. It's quick and inexpensive to make, and I love that!
Spicy Lemonade
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbs maple syrup or molasses
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
8 oz. filtered water

Lemon is a master cleanser and is good for the liver. The maple syrup gives you energy and the cayenne pepper cleans the blood and clears mucus and toxins from the body. You can drink it liberally throughout the day, though I usually drink it once or twice at most.

The less water you use (I have made this with only 4 oz water before), the spicier it is. If your throat is raw and irritated from drainage or allergies, the cayenne will burn at first. It's ok; it will stop, and your throat will feel so much better. I prefer mine chilled, so I try to use cold water.

Leave me a comment and let me know if this works for you!

1 comment:

pinkpa said...

I like this recipe. I have not tried it with molasses so I will do this next time. Sometimes I drink it when I am not sick just- chilled