Sunday, March 16, 2008

Constipation -- The End




This is the second and final part of this article on dealing naturally with constipation.

In the last blog, we talked about the blessings of natural fiber and pure water in your life. Today we'll talk about three more easy-peasy ways to get things moving for you.


Magnesium--Once I've evaluated my diet and water, I look to whether I am getting enough magnesium. This is such an important mineral to your overall health. I have taken it orally and on the skin. My all-time favorite way to get my magnesium is with Cell Wellness Restorer. It's inexpensive and can be rubbed on the skin or added to a luxurious hot bath. I made myself a foot soak with it last night. It was woooonderful! The foot soak does help your body detoxify, so if you begin to feel bad, just slow down the soaks. Cell wellness restorer relaxes the muscles and aids in smoother bowel movements. Food sources for magnesium are green leafy vegetables, nuts, seeds and whole grains.

Get active!--Take a walk, go for a swim, dig in your garden, swing at the park, dance with your kids or jump on the trampoline. Just get moving--just for you! Hey, the sun's not a bad side benefit either!

High colonics--I would definitely consider this. My friend's mother is certified to do colonics for people and my friend swears by them for cleaning out the colon and putting a spring back in her step. The colonics process gently pushes herbed water into the intestine, coupled with external massage on the colon.

Many nutritionists say that almost all illnesses and disease can be linked to the health of the colon. When the body does not get rid of its waste, that waste backs up and, in time, begins to dump toxins and poisonous gasses into the body, making you feel very sick and sluggish. If constipation is not dealt with, it can lead to much more serious things.

Constipation is no fun and really slows you down. But the good news is that it can be very simple to remedy at home. With a few easy changes, you can soon be walking with that spring back in your step.

No comments: