Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Health Pantry: Water


I read the following statistic on the back of an Ozarka water bottle this week and decided I just had to pass it along to you.

Skip the Sugar

A typical 12 oz. sugared beverage contains the equivalent of 10 tsp of sugar. Water has no sugar. Replacing ONE sugared beverage daily with water can cut 3,650 tsp. of sugar a year from your diet. (emphasis mine)

Replacing just one cola a day with water blesses your body on several levels:

* water flushes toxins from your system, which will keep you healthier as you age (toxins store up in our bodies and WILL eventually cause us problems--we can bank on it. We can make our good investments now simply by drinking one extra glass of pure water a day.)

* water makes your skin glow

* water can prevent headaches that are commonly caused by dehydration

* reducing sugar will help extra weight melt away

* sugar is addictive--anything we can do to crave only Christ is a positive thing in our lives

Make it fun to drink your water! For Mother's Day, my kids bought me a large cup from the craft store that they added a picture of our family to, and I love it. It makes me happy to drink my water from this tall cup, so I'm much more likely to drink my water.

Something as simple and inexpensive as drinking water is so a part of my routine that I often forget how basic it is to my health. But I know that when I'm seventy I will be so happly that I drank my water when I was thirty!

No comments: